Companies have systems that store a lot of personal and financial information of their customer. Loss of this information could play havoc and loss the trust of its customers. To save from such consequences, it is important to perform the timely backup of data.
This article intends to educate readers about the different types of PC backups.
TeraByte Unlimited is a reputed firm in Las Vegas, Nevada, that has been providing data backup for Windows and other system restoration services since 1992. In addition to it, the company also offers a few other computer services, that includes the sale of software and hardware, consulting, network installation, custom programming, repair, for the IBM PC as well as IBM midrange platforms.
Things you should consider for back up
- Browsers information that includes bookmarks, history, add-ons, or favorites.
- Device drivers that help in the smooth operation of hardware peripherals connected to the computer such as video cards, scanners, printers, keyboard, mouse, etc.
- Social Networks
- To get Facebook data, login to Facebook account > Settings > Facebook Information > Download Information
- Under Twitter Account, click on “Download an archive of data.
- On Instagram, visit profile page > Privacy and Security > Data Download > Request Download.
- To get TikTok videos, visit the mobile app, and click “Me” to see the profile page. Go to Account > Data and Personalization > Download data.
Types of PC Backup
A PC back up can be done in the following ways:
- Windows OS Integrated Feature:
Choose only those Folders and Files whose specific data that you want to back up and to take the backup go to System Settings > Update & Security > Backup.
- Cloud Storage
This type of backup is ideal when a user uses more than one PC. Synchronization software makes sure that users get access to the same files present on all your PCs. Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Drive, are the software that offers cloud backup services to users.
- Online Backup
There are several online backup software on a PC that can help you transfer files on PC (via a hard drive) to online storage. Such software offers file syncing, improved security, and other benefits.
- Clone a Full Disk Image
Another way to take a PC back up is to create an image of the drive or clone it. An image is the replication of the file, folder, system files, and programs of the PC. The clone overwrites the current state of the PC and the hard drive and brings it back to the state when it was during backup.
What Are The Best Destinations For Backup?
The way you back up data is based on the media type you use as your destination site. Below are some of the best backup destinations.
- External Drives
- CD-Recordables, DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs
- USB Flash Drives
- Ultrahigh-Speed Memory Stick
- Network Attached Storage
- Synology DiskStation
- The Cloud
Backing up takes time and effort but it saves the company from a disastrous situation. However, the introduction of backup hardware and software can make the execution of tasks simpler and effective.