As you have to pay for the electricity you consume regardless of commercial or residential space, you should be aware of many things especially reasons to pay and what you pay. It is necessary to spend some time and understand different components of the electricity bill when you wish to save more on your bill.
If you use LED bulbs, then it is necessary to know HOW TO CALCULATE ENERGY SAVINGS OF GOING LED. It helps you to make the energy calculation on your own and purchase the energy-efficient lights based on your needs. It also allows you to find out the way to save the energy with simple formulas.
Why use LED?
Before getting into the topic, you should know about the reasons to use LED bulbs instead of other lighting options. LEDs are most commonly accessed in the small displays such as digital clocks beforehand. Now, it is accessible in larger bulbs for both commercial and residential spaces.
LED lights bring positive and negative currents together to create the light. Similar to the regular incandescent bulk, it turns on immediately and produces enough brightness. It never takes more time to warm up similar to a CFL bulb.
When compared to incandescent and CFL light bulbs, LEDs last longer. It means you will get the best value for your money. Since it is the cheapest lighting option, you do not worry about spending the cash. LED lights can last up to 50000hours, which is five times longer than other lights on the market.
It stays cool even after a long time of usage, which is even touchable. It does not contain any mercury and not cold sensitive. It is also accessible in a wide range of hues and compatible with the dimmer switch. Ensure you make a purchase from a reliable online store.
How to calculate
It is highly important to know how much energy you are accessing in your home or office. It assists you to work around the way to save on your energy use hugely. Almost all the lights and fixtures in your space have the wattage label. You should check that beforehand to save your money.
This label showcases the amount of power the specific light draw and ensures whether they are highly energy-efficient. You need to convert the energy into kilowatt-hours to find the amount of energy you access.
At first, it is important to find out the number of watts you are accessing and for how many hours (kilowatt-hours). Then, you should multiply the times energy rates to render the cost. Do this to LED to find out the running cost and then subtract the difference. It is the cost savings of the going LED.
Here are step-by-step instructions on HOW TO CALCULATE ENERGY SAVINGS OF GOING LED.
- Firstly, you should calculate the total watts of the incandescent products. You can look at the tag on your product to know the total watts. Then, you need to multiply that number by the total number of sets in the display
- Next, you have to multiply the total watts of the display with the time the bulbs will illuminate in hours. Then, divide that by 1000 so that you will get total kilowatt-hours
- Multiply the total kilowatt-hours of the product by the cost of the kilowatt-hour of electricity in your location. You can check your electric bill to know what you pay per kilowatt hour
- Now, it is the time to do the above three steps again for LED products. It means you are going to replace the incandescent products with the LED. Similar to incandescent, the wattage is offered on tags, which are attached to the light set. Usually, the bulbs have the wattage stamped on the base. Check them beforehand and follow the below guidelines.
- Now, all you have to do is subtracting the operating cost of the LED lights from the incandescent light operating cost. It helps you to calculate the energy savings of the going LED
Upon looking at HOW TO CALCULATE ENERGY SAVINGS OF GOING LED, you tend to understand the importance of replacing the LED products for residential and commercial applications. It saves your money through their longer lifespan and energy efficient abilities. It also avoids making regular purchases for the lighting items. When you calculate the amount you get to save with the LED, you will save more for a long time as they are last longer and durable.